Tips for workplace safety
Every day, 700 Canadian workers suffer eye injuries on the job. Learn to practice safety.
The Canadian Association of Optometrists offers you some safety tips to apply for the good health of employees and the smooth running of your activities.
- Avoid unnecessary hazards or minimize them by removing loose or falling debris.
- Determine the main hazards on site.
- Identify hazards from other workers or machinery.
- Before you start, make sure your tools are working.
- Always check equipment safety devices (machinery guards) before using the equipment.
- Make sure all workers, especially volunteers, know how to use the tools.
- Keep bystanders away from the danger zone.
- Wear appropriate eye and face protection.
- Make sure your eye protection fits properly and will stay in place.
- Brush, shake or vacuum dust and debris from hard hats, hair, forehead or top of eye protection before removing eye protection.