We offer diffrent technics to slow down the natural evolution of myopia in children and in adults.
We have acquired an optical axial length measuring device (IOL Master). Thanks to this device, we can measure the length of the eye to assess the risk of progression of myopia and the risk of eye diseases such as glaucoma, cataracts and retinal detachments in adulthood. Also, we use this device to monitor eye elongation following selected procedures.
Make an appointment now!
ONE OF OUR OPTOMETRISTS WILL MAKE A GLOBAL ASSESSMENT OF YOUR VISION THROUGH OUR FULL VISUAL EXAMINATION.Make an appointment
Among the techniques available to slow the progression of myopia and elongation of the eye, we use:
- Orthokeratology (appointment with Dr Patrick Simard or Dr Marcotte)
- Custom soft lenses
- MiYOSMART ophthalmic lenses from Hoya
- Myovision ophthalmic lenses from Zeiss
- Bifocal ophthalmic lenses adapted to the shape of the eye
Orthokeratology involves wearing a gas permeable contact lens (GPL) at night to change the shape of the cornea. As shown in the following diagram, the central cornea becomes flatter, and the peripheral cornea becomes more domed.
There are two effects to this type of treatment :
- The central flattening of the cornea allows for the correction of up to 4.00 diopters of myopia, which enables you to see well during the day without glasses or contact lenses.
- The increase in peripheral curvature slows the progression of myopia. Each year that the child wears the lenses reduces the chances of progressing to severe myopia.
Both effects are independent. If the myopia is higher than -4.00, low-prescription glasses will have to be worn to correct what is missing, and myopia will be stabilized.
The adjustment fee is $300. Several follow-up visits are required to ensure that the treatment is working correctly: 1 week, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months and every 6 months after that. This fee is charged only for the initial adjustment. The adjustment fee is not refundable.
The cost of a pair of lenses is $600 for a life span of 2 to 3 years, depending on the wear of the lenses. Lens fees can be refunded if, during the first two months, you find the treatment unsuitable or wish to put an end to it.
- breakage warranty : 6 month from the date of purchase
- adjustment warranty : 3 month from the date of purchase
Important : reimbursement program from medical insurance applies with orthokeratology lenses.
For more information :
ZEISS Myovision :
ZEISS MyoVision design applies the principles of Peripheral Defocus Management : the correction of the peripheral “hyperopic shift” affecting myopic eyes sends a signal to the eye to reduce the progression of eye elongation, which can result in the reduction of myopia progression.