Dr Rémy Marcotte
OD. MSc , FBCLA- Optometrist
Dr Rémy Marcotte has practiced at the Bélanger Clinic since obtaining his doctorate in optometry from the University of Montreal in June 2014. He acquired more specific skills in specialty contact lenses, dry eye and myopia progression control during his contact lens and dry eye residency completed in 2015. He is involved in research in the field of myopia control and axial eye length, on which he completed a master’s degree in vision science, option applied fundamental sciences. He is currently completing his phd on choroid volume changes based on myopia control made by contact lenses.
He is in charge of contact lens clinic at the School of Optometry of the University of Montreal (specialty gas permeable lens adjustment and myopia control) since 2015.
Author of various peer-reviewed conferences and publications on myopia progression control.
He is also a member of theses associations :
- Association des Optométristes du Québec
- Canadian Association of Optometrists
- American Academy of Optometry
- Scleral Lens Education Society
- Association of Optometric Contact Lens Educator
- British Contact Lens Association
- American Academy of Orthokeratology and Myopia Control
Spoken languages : french, english