Dr Patrick Simard
OD. MSc. MBA, FAAO, FBCLA, FIACLE - Optometrist
Dr. Patrick Simard has practiced at the Bélanger Clinic since obtaining his doctorate in optometry from the University of Montreal in January 2002. In 2006, he obtained an MSc in vision from the same university for his research work on keratoconus. He has been a partner at the Clinic since 2006.
He is also :
Lecturer and clinician in contact lenses at the University of Montreal's School of Optometry (specializing in gas-permeable lens adjustment, scleral lenses and orthokeratology) since 2003.
Consulting optometrist for a refractive surgery centre (Lasik) between 2002 and 2008.
Member of the committee that writes the questions for the ocular therapeutics exam offered by the Canadian Standard Assessment in Optometry (CSAO).
Author of several talks and peer-reviewed publications on keratoconus, the cornea and myopia control using personalize soft contact lenses, scleral lenses and orthokeratology.
He is also a member of theses associations :
- Association des Optométristes du Québec
- Canadian Association of Optometrists
- Fellow of American Academy of Optometry (FAAO)
- Fellow of the British Contact Lens Association (BCLA)
- Fellow of the international Association of Contact Lens Educator (FIACLE)
- Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology
- Scleral Lens Education Society
- Association of Optometric Contact Lens Educator
- International Keratoconus Academy
- American Academy of Orthokeratology and Myopia Control
Spoken languages : french, english